The college is having an independent Library Building. It has three floors. The ground, first and second floors accommodates science college libraryand Arts & Commerce college libraries along with pathways training and placement cell. The total constructed area of the building is 1522.47 sq. m. Following services are provided in the main library: Circulation Services, Bibliographical services, Current awareness Service, Internet facilities, Reprographic Service. Our college has the benefit of N-LIST on-line resource facility of UGC-inflibnet by which the faculty and students can access full articles of e-journals, e-books, and bibliography database, MathSciNet etc.
Details of Library Records and Services
|1||Library Hours||Library open from 9 AM to 6 PM on all working days. On Every Saturday it functions 9 AM to 2 PM. Library closed on Sundays & Public Holidays|
|2||Total number of Books (UG & PG)||58015|
|3||Number of Journals subscribed by the college||26|
|4||Number of News papers subscribed by the college||14|
|5||Number of Periodicals (Magazines) subscribed by the college||23|
|7||Total carpet area of library||1522.47 Sq.m|
|8||Name of the Library Software||â€śKOHAâ€ť Library Management Software|
|9||Internet Connectivity||Broad Band BSNL (10mbps)|
|10||No. of Books issued per students / Faculty|| 1) 1st& 2nd year degree students are issued two (02) borrowers card.|
2) Final year degree students are issued three (03) borrowers card.
3) First and second year M.Sc. students are issued two (02) borrowers card.
4) Permanent teaching faculties are issued Twenty (20) Borrowers card.
5) Guest teaching faculties are issued Five (05) borrowers card.
6) Research Scholars are issued Two (02) borrowers card.
|11||Book return policy|| 1) Library membership cards issued by the library are Non-transferable.|
2) The users are eligible for borrow books against Borrowers card for a period of 15 days.
3) Reference books and periodicals are not issued.
4) Issued books returned after due date attract overdue charges members are responsible for books issued against their borrowers card.
5) Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of books before borrowing.
|12||Mechanism in place for prevention of book-thefts||Our science library is using nine (09) CCTV cameras for prevention of Book-thefts.|
|13||Availability of question papers of previous examinations||In every year, we collect the previous question papers and binding the old question papers for the use of students.|